Acidity is a very irritating ailment which can affect the daily routine life of an individual. In addition, any person who is suffering from acidity is likely to face heartburn also, which is a debilitating condition in which chest pain occurs, and it is often misunderstood as heart attack. Moreover, the stomach produces certain acid to digest the food. Furthermore, the stomach acid breaks down the food and play an important role in the process of digestion. Besides, food pipe is a tube connected from our mouth to the stomach, which carries the food to the stomach. And, near stomach an esophagus sphincter is placed which prevents stomach acid from entering into the food pipe. But, sometimes sphincter dysfunctions, due to which acid regurgitate into the food pipe causing heartburn.
In order to get rid of heartburn, it is important to treat acidity effectively. Moreover, the major causes of this painful problem are faulty lifestyle and faulty eating habits that affect the working of digestive system as well as the esophagus sphincter. However, some effective tips are mentioned ahead that may prevent the acid from entering into the food pipe.
1. To treat acidity, it is important to avoid foods that can cause heartburn, for instance onion, garlic, spicy foods, and caffeine based beverages. Moreover, the excess acid in stomach can also force the esophagus sphincter to dysfunction, due to which acid may enter the food pipe and lead to heartburn. This is why, it is important to know about the foods that can stimulate the production of acid in the stomach. And, avoiding such foods can prove to be beneficial to treat acidity.
2. Certain medications can irritate the stomach. For instance, aspirin is considered to be the common cause of heartburn. Moreover, avoiding such medications can help to treat acidity. But, if it is essential to have such medications then, it can be taken with milk or, with foods that can coat the stomach lining.
3. In order to treat acidity, eat smaller meals frequently and, avoid eating large meals at night. Moreover, full stomach is likely to pressurize the esophagus sphincter, due to which some food along with stomach acid might reflux into food pipe. In addition, avoid having meal at bedtime, since it can put an extra pressure on esophagus sphincter, due to which heartburn may occur. Also, avoid late-night snack to treat acidity.
4. People who face heartburn must avoid tight belts, or waist bands. In addition, it is beneficial to avoid clothing that fits tightly around the abdomen, since it can squeeze the stomach and cause acid reflux into the food pipe.
5. The most effective way to treat acidity is by using gravity to your advantage. Moreover, it is a quite simple concept, when acid reflux into food pipe, stay in the upright position to force the acid to flow back into the stomach.
6. Smoking and drinking alcohol can irritate the esophagus sphincter, due to which heartburn may occur. Moreover, avoiding such faulty habits is essential to treat acidity permanently. In addition, such habits are a threat to the overall health of an individual.